Céline Dion shares emotional video postponing her Courage World Tour shows due to ongoing health issues

Publish Date
Monday, 2 May 2022, 5:15PM

Céline Dion has had to postpone her upcoming European shows of her Courage World Tour due to an ongoing health issue.

After a pause due to the pandemic, the 54-year-old singer had been scheduled to resume her world tour in November 2021 with a slate of performances in Las Vegas.

Those dates were cancelled in October after she began "experiencing severe and persistent muscle spasms."

The Canadian superstar had hoped to continue the tour in March but has still not been able to perform as she is yet to recover from her health issues.

Speaking to fans in an emotional video on social media, she said: "I'm so sorry we have to change our tour plans for Europe one more time. First, we had to move the shows because of the pandemic. Now, this is my health issues that is causing us to postpone the shows and unfortunately, we have to cancel some too."

"The good news is that I'm doing a little bit better, but it's going very slow and it's very frustrating for me," she added.

The singer said she has been getting treatment but she's "still experiencing some spasms" and said her recovery is taking "a lot longer" than she had hoped.

"I need to be in top shape when I'm on stage," she said. "I honestly can't wait, but I'm just not there yet ... I wanted you to know that I'm sorry for this news. I know you've all waited so long for the concerts, and I appreciate your loyalty."

"All I can say is that I'm doing my very best to get back to the level that I need to be so that I can give 100% at my shows because that's what you deserve," she added, overcome with emotion.

The 'My Heart Will Go On' hitmaker then thanked her fans for their support and well wishes on social media.