- Publish Date
- Monday, 26 July 2021, 11:17PM
Dieter Brummer, who was best known for his role on Home and Away as heartthrob Shane Parrish, has passed away at the age of 45.
The actor was found dead in Sydney on Saturday afternoon. His death is not being treated as suspicious.
Fans would remember Brummer as the hunky Shane Parrish on the iconic Australian soap opera, which he starred on from 1992-1996.
Starring alongside Melissa George's character Angel Brooks, he became one half of Australia's favourite onscreen couple.
In 1995 and 1996, Brummer took out the Most Popular Actor Silver Logie for his role on the show.
Brummer went on to appear in various TV dramas, including the Underbelly series in which he played Trevor Haken, Rescue Special Ops as Nathan Pearl, Winners and Losers as Jason Ross and Neighbours as the character Troy Miller.
Brummer worked as a window cleaner between acting roles and ran his own successful business, cleaning high-rise buildings around Sydney.
Where to get help:
- Lifeline: 0800 543 354 (available 24/7)
- Suicide Crisis Helpline: 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO) (available 24/7)
- Youth services: (06) 3555 906
- Youthline: 0800 376 633
- Kidsline: 0800 543 754 (available 24/7)
- Whatsup: 0800 942 8787 (1pm to 11pm)
- Depression helpline: 0800 111 757 (available 24/7)
- Rainbow Youth: (09) 376 4155
- CASPER Suicide Prevention
If it is an emergency and you feel like you or someone else is at risk, call 111.