- Publish Date
- Thursday, 23 July 2015, 3:20PM
If you have a dishwasher are you getting the best out of it .
• To save water and electricity do not use your dishwasher until you have a full load.
• The perfect temperature for washing dishes is 60 C (140 F). Check your manual to find which setting gets closest to this.
• A recent study has found the best way to load a dishwasher is by stacking plates in a circle around the cutlery basket.
• Don’t overcrowd the dishwasher. Make sure there is space between plates and ensure anything facing downward can still be sprayed with water.
• Place cups at an angle so water can run off.
• Don’t put crystal glasses in the dishwasher. They’ll crack.
• Position sharp knives point-down for safety.
• Prevent dripping on clean dishes by emptying the bottom rack first.
(And what’s your best dishwasher tip?)