- Publish Date
- Monday, 4 May 2015, 11:21AM
This adorably simple dish will make your mum's day.
2 Slices Bread
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter or knife, cut a heart-shaped hole in the center of the bread, setting the cut-out aside.
- Melt some butter in a small nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Place the slice of bread and the cut-out in skillet and toast lightly (about 1 minute).
- Crack the egg into the hole, seasoning if desired, and cook until golden brown (about 2 minutes).
- Add more butter as needed to brown and crisp the toast.
- Flip the egg and cut-out, seasoning the other side if desired.
- Cook another 2 minutes or until egg is cooked to preference.
- Serve toasted cut-out alongside for dipping into the yolk.
Optional: Instead of a single slice of bread, you can make this as a sandwich by first layering two slices of bread with deli meat and cheese before cutting out the heart shape.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you