- Publish Date
- Friday, 19 June 2015, 1:32PM
Can you see the child that is in the process of drowning in this photo?
A lifeguard has been praised for her skills after video emerged of her spotting a struggling child in a crowded wavepool and launching herself on a rescue mission. You can watch the video below.
SIGNS OF DROWNING
1. Drowning people are usually physiologically unable to call for help, with their body focusing on breathing
2. When drowning, a person's mouth dips above and below the water
3. Drowning people cannot wave for help, as their instincts force them to place their arms flat on the water in an effort to maintain buoyancy
4. The instinctive drowning response is to remain in a vertical position
5. Drowning people may not thrash around in an obvious way with the physical struggle often taking place below the water's surface