- Publish Date
- Saturday, 24 July 2021, 12:00PM
If you’ve been looking for the perfect recipe to use up any leftover mashed potatoes - this is the dish for you!
Each crispy, bacon wrapped bomb is bursting with creamy, smooth mashed potatoes and dripping with melted cheese!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: Approximately 8 large bombs
2 cups mashed potato, chilled
1 packet of bacon
Cheddar cheese (or your favourite cheese), cut into 1″ chunks
1/2 cup of dry breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper to season
Oil for frying
Sour cream for dipping.
- Heat oil in a saucepan or deep fryer.
In a large bowl combine the mashed potatoes, egg, and salt and pepper until well blended.
- Grab a handful of the mashed potato mixture and form it around a cheddar cheese cube, making a golf ball shape.
Place the bread crumbs into a shallow bowl, and roll the bomb evenly in the crumbs.
- Wrap the bomb with one slice of bacon and secure it with a toothpick.
- Fry the bomb in the oil for approximately 3-4 minutes (use your own judgement, making sure the bacon is thoroughly cooked and the bombs are golden on all sides).
- Let the bomb drain off excess oil and cool off for a few minutes.
- Serve with sour cream if desired.
Recipe from www.ohbiteit.com.